Profile image for SMcGonagall

What's the new Weatherspoons like? Might have family to stay this weekend and need a place to take them to eat that's not formal. The menu looks pretty varied and cheap but I need to know what the quality's like before I take the plunge with picky in-laws.

By SMcGonagall at 21:42 on 16/08/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for Hardtimes

Do'nt bother! Food terrible, service good, manager can't be bothered with the customers. Go to a localy owned and run place.

By Hardtimes at 16:04 on 28/08/11

• Profile image for sutetlow

Hopefully Hardtimes just hit on a bad day at Weatherspoons. We went there for a late breakfast and thought it was pretty good. The food was tasty and good value and one of the party (who shall remain nameless) had such a large portion of veggie breakfast that they were forced to smuggle out two veggie sausages in a napkin and eat them later. The staff were very nice, friendly and helpful. Lets hope its not just another case of somebody at Head Office expecting too few staff to do too much for too little at peak times.

By sutetlow at 15:32 on 01/09/11

• Profile image for rhubarbcuster

I didn't find it too bad at all. Yes, the menu is like many other pubs and therefore pretty ordinary and uninspiring, but the quality and portion size were good and the staff were friendly. I'm sorry someone else had such a bad experience, but it really isn't what I found. Don't expect haute cuisine, but if it's cheap and cheerful you're after, it's pretty good.

By rhubarbcuster at 16:48 on 05/09/11

• Profile image for louthparanorm

wetherspoons ok for a quick coffee and a bite otherwise can only recommend LUCYS cafe bar on queen street as for me they are the best value for money and local owned and run business too.

By louthparanorm at 22:44 on 26/10/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent